Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom! There's a Cat in the Tunnel!

So, I found out just how valuable video can be in training yesterday. I also found out how oblivious I am to my surroundings. When Dare and I went out to train there was a pheasant in the agility field. He wandered off, and Dare didn't mind him being out there anyway, so I just set up the camera and off we went. I did know that Gertie our cat had also come out to train, but I didn't pay much attention to her either.

Well, I was working with Dare on her 2o/2o contact on the dogwalk, and I also wanted to throw in a little mix of obstacle discrimination with the tunnel. So, I set her up to do the tunnel first and then we'd do the dogwalk. Well, as you'll see in the video. Dare was distracted, and I wasn't paying any attention to why she was distracted. I just kept on working. Oblivious!!!! We ended the session on what I thought was a good note and I came in.

It wasn't until I watched the video clips back later on in the evening that I realized what was going on out there. Boy did I feel foolish. LOL It kind of looks like Dare is bouncing up to tell me "Mom!!! There's a cat in my tunnel!!! Mom!!!" on the way to turn off the camera. I can't tell you how grateful I am that I have a girl like Dare to work with that is able to deal with these type of distractions and being handler impaired besides. She is such a good girl! :-) Here's the video.

6 comments:

  1. Thats to funny. I dont own any cats but there have been cats in our tunnels too. Of course my dogs give chase and one time I had to finally help the cat over the fence. She didnt come back in the yard again. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a good girl Dare is! A pheasant and a cat and she's still right on task. I couldn't help but laugh and think of Twist boy and his getting distracted by. . .oh practically anything when on the field.LOL I know he's better now, but it shows each one is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
    _____________________________

    Dissertation Editing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...so funny! Dare is so GOOD! Such a smart girl, though you have to wonder what she was thinking. Like..HEY MOM!!!!!!! Pay attention Mom! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious!
    She's a clever girl :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post includes all information that I have always required. Although on internet we find a lot of information but the practical information is limited which you have originated in this post.

    Dissertation writing services

    ReplyDelete